The Rajasthan Pollution Control Board (RPCB) has introduced an online application process for no objection certificates. The NOC, which was previously issued by the board after a physical inspection, will now be issued after an online application and payment of the requisite fees.
After the successful submission, the applicant can take an appointment for physical verification of the unit by selecting a date, time and inspector from a list on the website. The applicant would get a unique number for each appointment and after the physical inspection, if found satisfactory, an NOC would be issued within 48 hours.
How To Apply For NOC From Rajasthan Pollution Control Board ?
- Under Section 21 of the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981, every person establishing any industry/ operation in Schedule I or II has to obtain prior consent from the State Board (RPCB).
- Under Section 25 of the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, every person establishing any industry/ operation listed in Schedule I or II has to obtain prior consent from the State Board (RPCB)
- Under Rule 8 of the Hazardous Waste Management Rules, 2008 and under Rule 5 of Bio Medical Waste Management Rules 2016, every person using hazardous waste has to obtain authorization from the State Board (RPCB).
Before applying for NOC from Rajasthan Pollution Control Board(RPCB), we will need few things ready with us:
- Detailed project report including all drawings required to show the layout of the plant/factory.
- NOC/consent letter
- Details of raw material used in the manufacturing process and their quantity value.
Procedure to obtain Pollution Control Consent/NOC/License from Rajasthan Pollution Control Board NOC
- The unit should submit an online application with all required documentation and pay the required fees.
- Within 7 days of receiving the application in form-1 (NOC – Consent for Establishment), the Board will issue an acknowledgement to the applicant..
- The RPCB will investigate the unit within 30 days of the date of Form – 1 being issued.
- After inspection, RPCB shall upload its report on the online portal within 7 days from the date of inspection.
- If no objections are received from the concerned authorities, the RPCB will give a NOC / Consent for Establishment in Form-2 (NOC – Consent to Operate) within a month of the inspection report being uploaded.
- In case of objection raised by any authority, processing will be kept in abeyance and further action will be decided after discussion with higher authorities.
Consent to Establish and Consent to Operate
- Consent to Establish: It is mandatory for certain types of industries/activities to obtain Consent to Establish (NOC) from the Rajasthan Pollution Control Board prior to establishment of industry. The consent is granted with specified conditions, which are monitored by conducting regular inspections.
- Consent to Operate: The industries which are already established and operating in the state are required to obtain consent to operate as per provisions of Air Act, 1981/ Water Act, 1974 and Environment Protection Act, 1986.
Entities to take Rajasthan Pollution Control Board NOC Consent Certificate:
The following projects require consent before commencement of the project by the Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board.
- Any industries or process specified in Schedule I and II as amended from time to time by the Government under Rule 3 of Water Prevention and Control of Pollution (Units Classified and Categories) Rules, 1975.
- Industry located within a radius of 500 meters from any reservoir (determined by its catchment area), dam or any other source supplying water for drinking purpose in any municipality, cantonment board, notified area committee or town area committee, provided that the board may relax this condition in case of an industry located in an already industrialized area where it is not possible to locate such industry outside the prescribed limit.